måndag 24 maj 2010

Räddaren i nöden



"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around – nobody big, I mean – except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff – I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye, and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."

Från "Räddaren i nöden" av J.D Salinger

4 kommentarer:

Niklas sa...

En av mina absoluta favoritromaner.

SG sa...

Samma här!

Just det här stycket ur boken är också så himla fint tycker jag.

Filip sa...

Popkulturell nördkuriosa: exakt det stycket läste John Lennons baneman, Mark David Chapman, upp i rätten på frågan om han hade något att säga till sitt försvar.

SG sa...

Hehe, se där. Visste att Chapman samt han som sköt Reagan, hade boken på sig när de greps, men inte såhär djupgående kunskaper.

Sjukt bra roman, hur som helst.